Sweden has a highly innovative and diverse semiconductor ecosystem with world class R&D capabilities and an industry consisting of high-tech SMEs and leading solution providers.
Join this session with Smarter Electronic Systems and Business Sweden to learn more about what Sweden has to offer!
1. The European Chips Act
The European Chips Act: the important role that Sweden has in its completion as president of the Council of the European Union and the Act’s contribution to research, innovation and competence building.
2. The Innovation and Semiconductor Ecosystem
Introduction to the Swedish innovation ecosystem and how it supports the development of high-tech companies. Overview of the semiconductor ecosystem, its strengths and how Swedish companies compete in the global value chain.
3. Success stories
Listen to innovative semiconductor companies in Sweden tell their story on how the Swedish innovation ecosystem supported them on their road to success and how they make a positive impact.
- Magnus Rentzhog, Ministry of Climate and Enterprise, Swedish Government
- Jeannette Spühler, National contact person for International collaboration, Vinnova
- Anna Wibom, Program Director, Smarter Electronic Systems
- Michail Pagounis, Program Manager Materials & Industrials, Business Sweden
- Björn Samel, Vice President Smart Hardware, RISE
- Klas Moreau, CEO, ZeroPoint Technology
- Ulrika Nordén, CEO, IRnova
- Björn Magnusson, Site Manager, STMicroelectronics Silicon Carbide
About the organiser
Smarter Electronic Systems are a strategic innovation program to increase competitiveness and growth in Swedish industry.
Business Sweden helps Swedish companies grow global sales and international companies invest and expand in Sweden. With a unique mandate from the Swedish government and the business sector, we offer strategic advice and practical support in more than 40 markets worldwide.
Our mission is to lay the foundation for green, inclusive and digital growth – in Sweden and overseas. We do this by providing startups, small- and medium sized companies and multinationals with tailored services, coupled with access to key stakeholders in the public and private spheres.