Join us for a seminar about the Sweden-US Green Transition Initiative (GTI), a unique partnership between the Swedish Energy Agency, Vinnova, Business Sweden, and the Embassy of Sweden in the United States.
The Ambassador of Sweden to the United States, Karin Olofsdotter, will give an introduction to opportunities for collaboration between Sweden and the US within green transition. A panel with representatives from three of the founding agencies of GTI will share insights on how this inter-agency initiative can increase collaboration and drive innovation to accelerate the green transition.
You will also hear from a representative from the city of San Jose, CA, a partner to GTI, about the city’s efforts to reach its net zero targets and how Swedish solutions can help in this endeavour.
Furthermore, you will learn how you can get involved and benefit from the support and resources available.
- Karin Olofsdotter – Ambassador of Sweden to the United States
- Linda Andrén – Executive Director, Sweden-US Green Transition Initiative
- Eva Hunnius Ohlin – Senior Advisor for Energy and Environment, Embassy of Sweden in the United States
- Verena Adamheit – Country Manager USA, The Swedish Energy Agency
- Fredrik Göthe – Programme Manager International Cooperation, Vinnova
- Marcus Rönngren Liu – Senior Project Manager, Sweden-US Green Transition Initiative
- Andrea Arjona – EV Program Lead, City of San José
- Eric Asmussen – Managing Director North America & Global Chief Growth Officer, CAKE
About the organiser
As ambitious infrastructure projects to support the green transition are being rolled out in several states in the U.S., there is a growing demand for innovative green energy solutions and partnerships. Against this backdrop, the Embassy of Sweden in Washington DC, Business Sweden, the Swedish Energy Agency and Sweden’s innovation agency Vinnova launched the Green Transition Initiative to accelerate Swedish-American collaboration in the transition toward a low-carbon economy.