Återhus has developed a process that makes building from buildings possible. The process serves as a basis for informed decisions and is a step-by-step guide that ensures the quality of re-used construction elements.
Innovative solutions throughout the process have been tested and confirmed in four real life projects – our ‘Pilots’. In today’s presentation you will hear the Pilot project managers share their main findings and results. Welcome!
Introduction: “How to build from buildings”
Pilot Case 1: Parkhuset – “Quality assurance and permit processes”
Pilot Case 2: Hållbarhetshuset – “Deconstruction method and re-use in
Pilot Case 3: Forma – “Waste hierarchy strategies in circular building”
Pilot Case 4: Hugin – “Building block strategy and re-use typologies”
- Nadine Aschenbach, Architect and Project Manager, Ramboll
- Jessica Bergendahl, Project Manager, NCC Property Development
- Emil Junelind, Business Manager, NCC
- Jelena Mijanovic, Architect and Project Manager, Ramboll
- Ruben Strömholm, Project Manager, Zengun
- Jonas Wahlström, Business Area Manager, Vasakronan
About the organiser
Återhus is an innovation project developed by 14 collaborative parties. We create methods, processes and tools that enable re-use of heavy building elements. The project has received funding from Sweden’s Innovation Agency Vinnova as well as from the Swedish Energy Agency through the innovation platform Re-Source.